During this COVID-19 crisis, as always, your health is our Primary concern
In our continuing effort to keep our patients safe and healthy, these are steps we are taking, and ask that you take to assure all patients are seen in a safe environment:
- Please call before coming into the office. We will have special instructions for patients who have a fever or cough. It is vital that you notify us in advance if you are experiencing any respiratory symptoms or have been exposed to a person who has been lab-confirmed to have tested positive for the COVID-19 virus. This information is required in order to protect providers, staff and other patients.
- All of our providers are able to do televisits with you. A televisit is a video face-to-face appointment using the camera on your smartphone or home computer, so your provider can see you and you can see your provider. This is a great way to continue to provide you with good health care during the COVID-19 pandemic from the safety of your home.
- We can do televisits to follow up your ongoing medical issues or to address new problems. We can do these visits through Zoom, Facetime or Google Duo, which ever app you prefer. And don’t worry—if you have trouble getting set up for your first televisit, we are here to help you.
- If you don’t have a smartphone or a computer, we are also able to do visits by telephone.
- To schedule either a video televisit or a telephone visit, just call your provider’s office.
- To avoid risk of exposure, patients may be asked to call the office from their provider’s parking lot to check in and wait in their cars until an MPCP staff member notifies them to enter the office and go straight to an exam room for their appointment.
- We are carefully following the recommendations of the CDC and our state and local health departments. We are cleaning surfaces frequently, washing our hands, and practicing social distancing as much as possible.
- In order to help keep our staff safe we are asking that as much as possible, co-pays and balances be made by credit or debit cards.
Thank you for your patience during this pandemic, during which there may be frequent changes in our practices. As always, we are making every effort to make sure you get the best health care possible.
Maryland Primary Care Physicians